Northern: Moving forward
Eagles: Two-handed body grab from the front
The Ideal attack requires that your opponent attacks you from the front. They begin their attack by grabbing your lapels with both of their hands and pulling you toward them.
1. Right Step Forward toward 12:00 into a Right Neutral Bow Stance while you deliver a Right Inward Forearm to your opponent’s left elbow and a Right Thrusting Back Knuckle across the bridge of your opponent’s nose. Left Pinning Check on top of your opponent's arms at the wrists.
2. Deliver a Right Inward Downward Forearm to your opponent’s forearms.
3. Right Crane Hand Hook to the outside of your opponent’s right arm and execute a short snapping Pull to your right.
4. Deliver a Right Inward Elbow to the left side of your opponent’s jaw.
5. Deliver a Right Outward Elbow to your opponent’s sternum.
6. Perform a Right Front Crossover and Cover Out toward 6:00.
Though there are similarities between techniques named here the techniques taught in the different branches of the Kenpo family also have notable differences.
We know that each school presents information with a different style and signature that is uniquely associated with their staff and students. Always defer to the instructing staff at your school for guidance should there be any differences in the information being presented.
The American Institute of Kenpo (AIK):
Ed Parker American Kenpo Systems (EPAKS)*:
Mace of Aggression
*The EPAKS system is copyrighted and all rights are reserved by the Parker Family.
The American Institute of Kenpo (AIK) strongly recommends that all training be overseen by experienced and qualified instructors. Individuals choosing to train without the recommended oversight assume full liability for any and all injuries. In addition, those individuals engaging in training without the oversight of the American Institute of Kenpo’s (AIK’s) certified instructors will be doing so with the understanding and acknowledgment that they are waving subrogation and holding harmless the American Institute of Kenpo (AIK), it's members, and affiliates.