Chopping: To use knife hand strikes
Horn: Left hand punch
The Ideal attack requires that your opponent starts from the front in a right fighting stance. As he steps forward with his left foot, he delivers a left straight punch at your face.
1. Right Step Forward toward 1:30 into a Right Forward Bow Stance and execute a Left Outward Extended Block to the outside of your opponent's left elbow. Right Positional Check by your right ear, palm out.
2. Pivot into a Left Neutral Bow Stance (facing 9:00) and execute Left Hooking Check to your opponent’s left arm as you deliver a Right Inward Knife Hand to the back of your opponent's neck.
3. Pivot into a Left Reverse Close Kneel Stance (facing 9:00) and execute a Right Hand Check to your opponent’s left shoulder as you deliver a Left Inward Elbow to your opponent's left lower ribcage.
4. Left Gauging Step towards 4:30 into a Right Neutral Bow Stance and execute a Left Pressing Check to your opponent’s left arm as you deliver a Right Inward Hammer Fist to your opponent's left kidney.
5. Deliver a Right Roundhouse Kick to your opponent's right kidney.
6. Perform a Right Front Crossover and Cover Out toward 4:30.
Tracy Kenpo Systems:Though there are similarities between techniques named here the techniques taught in the different branches of the Kenpo family also have notable differences.
We know that each school presents information with a different style and signature that is uniquely associated with their staff and students. Always defer to the instructing staff at your school for guidance should there be any differences in the information being presented.
The American Institute of Kenpo (AIK):
Ed Parker American Kenpo Systems (EPAKS)*:
Shield & Sword
Tracy Kenpo Systems:
*The EPAKS system is copyrighted and all rights are reserved by the Parker Family.
The American Institute of Kenpo (AIK) strongly recommends that all training be overseen by experienced and qualified instructors. Individuals choosing to train without the recommended oversight assume full liability for any and all injuries. In addition, those individuals engaging in training without the oversight of the American Institute of Kenpo’s (AIK’s) certified instructors will be doing so with the understanding and acknowledgment that they are waving subrogation and holding harmless the American Institute of Kenpo (AIK), it's members, and affiliates.