Restraints Curriculum Artwork Information:
Each item in our Curriculum Apparel line contains artwork for a specific attack from our attack categories and the AIK naming convention. Below the artwork on each shirt, is a list of the related techniques designed to teach the theories, concepts, and principles that can be used to logically and practically solve the dangerous situation.
Grab & Tackle Group: The initial action or attempt to gain control.
- Claw: One-handed grab to the wrist
- Eagles: Two-handed body grab from the front
- Falcon: One-handed grab from the flank
- Hawk: One-handed body grab from the front
- Rage: Tackle
- Talons: Two-handed grab to the wrist or wrists
Hold & Hug Group: Controlling and motion restricting attack that does not depend on pain compliance.
- Bear: Bearhug
- Honor: Handshake
- Restraints: Hold from the back
- Surrender: Full nelson
Kick Group: A striking action using the leg or foot.
- Lightning: Linear kick
- Thunder: Rotational kick
Lock & Choke Group: A controlling and motion restricting attack that depends on pain compliance.
- Death: Two-handed choke
- Guard: Lock from the back
- Vice: Head lock or forearm choke
- Vine: Lock to the wrist
Punch Group: A striking action using the knuckles.
- Horn: Left hand punch
- Ram: Right hand punch
Push Group: A forceful, shoving action.
- Palm: One-handed push
- Palms: Two-handed push
Weapon Group: An attack employing a weapon.
- Oak: Club
In 2022 Ed Parker Jr. took on the project of creating custom artwork for the American Institute of Kenpo's curriculum apparel line.
Women's Sublimation Cut & Sew Tank Top Information:
This body-hugging tank top is a must-have!
• 82% polyester, 18% spandex
• Fabric weight: 6.78 oz/yd² (230 g/m²) (weight may vary by 5%)
• four-way stretch, which means fabric stretches and recovers on the cross and lengthwise grains
• Made with a smooth, comfortable microfiber yarn
• Precision-cut and hand-sewn after printing