Leveraged: To use a fulcrum
Surrender: Full nelson
The Ideal attack requires your opponent be applying a full nelson hold and pressing your head down towards your knees.
1. Right Step Sideways toward 3:00 into a Horse Stance.
2. Left Step into a Left Transitional Cat Stance. Then immediately execute a Left Step towards 9:00 into a Horse Stance moving around and behind your opponent's right leg.
3. Have both of your arms Grab the back of your opponent's knees.
4. Lift your opponent's legs off the ground as you straighten your back and rotate your upper body counterclockwise.
5. Drop your opponent on his back and head then pivot clockwise and deliver a Right Back Heel Stomp to your opponent’s head or ribs.
6. Perform a Right Front Crossover and Cover Out toward 10:30.
Though there are similarities between techniques named here the techniques taught in the different branches of the Kenpo family also have notable differences.
We know that each school presents information with a different style and signature that is uniquely associated with their staff and students. Always defer to the instructing staff at your school for guidance should there be any differences in the information being presented.
The American Institute of Kenpo (AIK):
Ed Parker American Kenpo Systems (EPAKS)*:
*The EPAKS system is copyrighted and all rights are reserved by the Parker Family.
The American Institute of Kenpo (AIK) strongly recommends that all training be overseen by experienced and qualified instructors. Individuals choosing to train without the recommended oversight assume full liability for any and all injuries. In addition, those individuals engaging in training without the oversight of the American Institute of Kenpo’s (AIK’s) certified instructors will be doing so with the understanding and acknowledgment that they are waving subrogation and holding harmless the American Institute of Kenpo (AIK), it's members, and affiliates.