Circling: To maneuver over or on top of
Palms: Two-handed push
The Ideal attack requires your opponent to be in front of you. He steps forward with his right foot as he pushes with both of his hands toward your chest.
1. Left Step Back toward 6:00 into a Right Neutral Bow Stance as your right hand and arm loops a figure eight. Begin with a Right Inward Downward Parry on the outside and top of your opponent’s left arm. Execute a Right Extended Outward Perry on the outside of your opponent’s right arm. Execute a Left Hand Check at your solar plexus.
2. Right Hand Grab to your opponent’s right wrist while moving your right leg into a Right Cat Stance.
3. Pull your opponent’s right arm toward you (down and to your right) and deliver a Right Front Snapping Ball Kick to your opponent’s groin.
4. Execute a Right Front Crossover toward 7:30 into a Left Rear Twist Stance (facing 1:30).
5. Left Gauging Step toward 1:30 and deliver a Right Back Heel Stomp to your opponent’s liver or right floating ribs.
6. Preform a Right Front Crossover and Cover Out toward 7:30.
Though there are similarities between techniques named here the techniques taught in the different branches of the Kenpo family also have notable differences.
We know that each school presents information with a different style and signature that is uniquely associated with their staff and students. Always defer to the instructing staff at your school for guidance should there be any differences in the information being presented.
The American Institute of Kenpo (AIK):
Ed Parker American Kenpo Systems (EPAKS)*:
American Kenpo Karate Association (AKKA Karate USA):
*The EPAKS system is copyrighted and all rights are reserved by the Parker Family.
The American Institute of Kenpo (AIK) strongly recommends that all training be overseen by experienced and qualified instructors. Individuals choosing to train without the recommended oversight assume full liability for any and all injuries. In addition, those individuals engaging in training without the oversight of the American Institute of Kenpo’s (AIK’s) certified instructors will be doing so with the understanding and acknowledgment that they are waving subrogation and holding harmless the American Institute of Kenpo (AIK), it's members, and affiliates.