Ascending: Upward maneuver
Palm: One-handed push
The Ideal attack requires that your opponent be attacking from the front. He steps forward with his right foot as he pushes with his right hand directly to your left shoulder.
1. Right Step Forward towards 1:30 into a Right Neutral Bow Stance and execute a Left Pinning Check to your opponent's right hand while delivering a Right Upward Thrusting Heel Palm to your opponent's left jaw or mastoid.
2. Pivot into a Right Closed Kneel Stance while frictionally pulling with a Right Outward Downward Crane Hand over the top of your opponent's right arm.
3. Pivot into a Right Neutral Bow Stance as you deliver a Right Inward Horizontal Elbow to your opponent’s right ribs or solar plexus.
4. Pivot into Right Closed Kneel Stance while delivering a Right Outward Horizontal Back Knuckle to your opponent’s right kidney or right floating ribs.
5. Pivot into a Right Neutral Bow Stance as you deliver a Right Uppercut Punch to your opponent’s throat.
6. Perform a Right Front Crossover and Cover Out toward 7:30.
Though there are similarities between techniques named here the techniques taught in the different branches of the Kenpo family also have notable differences.
We know that each school presents information with a different style and signature that is uniquely associated with their staff and students. Always defer to the instructing staff at your school for guidance should there be any differences in the information being presented.
The American Institute of Kenpo (AIK):
Ed Parker American Kenpo Systems (EPAKS)*:
*The EPAKS system is copyrighted and all rights are reserved by the Parker Family.
The American Institute of Kenpo (AIK) strongly recommends that all training be overseen by experienced and qualified instructors. Individuals choosing to train without the recommended oversight assume full liability for any and all injuries. In addition, those individuals engaging in training without the oversight of the American Institute of Kenpo’s (AIK’s) certified instructors will be doing so with the understanding and acknowledgment that they are waving subrogation and holding harmless the American Institute of Kenpo (AIK), it's members, and affiliates.