Western: Moving to left front quadrant
Ram: Right hand punch
The Ideal attack requires your opponent be attacking you from the front. From a left fighting stance, he steps forward with his right foot as he delivers a right straight punch toward your face.
1. Left Step Forward towards 10:30 into a Left Neutral Bow Stance with a Left Inward Parry to the outside of the opponent’s right arm while delivering a Right Vertical Middle Knuckle Fist to your opponent's liver. Immediately chamber your right arm across your body under your left arm.
2. Transition into a Left One-Legged Stance and deliver a Right Knife-Edge Side Kick to the outside of your opponent's right knee.
3. Plant Forward towards 1:30 between your opponent's legs, while delivering a Right Downward Outward Back Knuckle to your opponent's left kidney.
4. Deliver a Right Thrusting Forearm to the back of your opponent's neck.
5. Perform a Right Front Crossover and Cover Out toward 9:00.
Though there are similarities between techniques named here the techniques taught in the different branches of the Kenpo family also have notable differences.
We know that each school presents information with a different style and signature that is uniquely associated with their staff and students. Always defer to the instructing staff at your school for guidance should there be any differences in the information being presented.
The American Institute of Kenpo (AIK):
Ed Parker American Kenpo Systems (EPAKS)*:
Tracy Kenpo Systems:
American Kenpo Karate Association (AKKA Karate USA):
*The EPAKS system is copyrighted and all rights are reserved by the Parker Family.