Redirected: To guide off center
Lightning: Linear kick
The Ideal attack requires your opponent to be in front of you in a left fighting stance. He then steps forward with a right front kick aimed toward your lower abdomen.
1. Point of origin: Right Interview Stance with your arms down.
2. Left Step Back to 4:30 into a Right Reverse Closed Kneel Stance while you execute a Right Inside Downward Block (palm down, traveling diagonally, from 1:30 to 7:30).
3. Deliver a Right Thrusting Back Heel Kick to the opponent’s groin.
4. Plant your right foot back to its former position then take a Left Gauging Step toward your opponent and deliver a Right Outward Back Knuckle to your opponent’s right temple.
5. Deliver a Right Knife-Edge Side Kick to the inside of your opponent’s left shin or ankle.
6. Perform a Right Front Crossover and Cover Out toward 6:00.
Though there are similarities between techniques named here the techniques taught in the different branches of the Kenpo family also have notable differences.
We know that each school presents information with a different style and signature that is uniquely associated with their staff and students. Always defer to the instructing staff at your school for guidance should there be any differences in the information being presented.
The American Institute of Kenpo (AIK):
Ed Parker American Kenpo Systems (EPAKS)*:
*The EPAKS system is copyrighted and all rights are reserved by the Parker Family.
The American Institute of Kenpo (AIK) strongly recommends that all training be overseen by experienced and qualified instructors. Individuals choosing to train without the recommended oversight assume full liability for any and all injuries. In addition, those individuals engaging in training without the oversight of the American Institute of Kenpo’s (AIK’s) certified instructors will be doing so with the understanding and acknowledgment that they are waving subrogation and holding harmless the American Institute of Kenpo (AIK), it's members, and affiliates.