Redirected: To guide off center
Horn: Left hand punch
The Ideal attack requires your opponent be in front of you. Starting from a right fighting stance your opponent steps forward as he executes a left straight punch toward your face.
1. Left Step Back toward 4:30 into a Right Neutral Bow Stance. Execute a Right Inward Parry then a Left Outward Parry to the outside of your opponent's left punch.
2. Continuing to circle your right arm counterclockwise and deliver a Right Outward Back Knuckle to your opponent's left lower ribcage.
3. Continuing to circle your right arm counterclockwise and execute a Right Pressing Check to your opponent's left shoulder.
4. Deliver a Right Downward Looping Roundhouse Shin Kick to the back of your opponent's left knee.
5. Perform a Right Front Crossover and Cover Out toward 4:30.
Though there are similarities between techniques named here the techniques taught in the different branches of the Kenpo family also have notable differences.
We know that each school presents information with a different style and signature that is uniquely associated with their staff and students. Always defer to the instructing staff at your school for guidance should there be any differences in the information being presented.
The American Institute of Kenpo (AIK):
Ed Parker American Kenpo Systems (EPAKS)*:
*The EPAKS system is copyrighted and all rights are reserved by the Parker Family.
The American Institute of Kenpo (AIK) strongly recommends that all training be overseen by experienced and qualified instructors. Individuals choosing to train without the recommended oversight assume full liability for any and all injuries. In addition, those individuals engaging in training without the oversight of the American Institute of Kenpo’s (AIK’s) certified instructors will be doing so with the understanding and acknowledgment that they are waving subrogation and holding harmless the American Institute of Kenpo (AIK), it's members, and affiliates.