Dominating Hawk & Ram
Dominating: To gain control of the opponent
Hawk: One-handed body grab from the front
Ram: Right hand punch
The Ideal attack requires your opponent be to the front. He grabs your right lapel with his left hand, and attempts to punch you with his right hand, his left is foot forward.
1. Left Pinning Check to your opponent's left grabbing hand as you execute a Right Hammering Forearm to your opponent's left radial nerve. Continue the motion to a Right Upward Forearm against the elbow joint of your opponent's left arm.
2. Deliver a Right Vertical Punch to your opponent’s face and a Right Front Thrusting Ball Kick to the right inner knee or groin of your opponent.
3. Plant Forward towards 12:00 into a Right Neutral Bow Stance. Deliver a Right Downward Elbow to your opponent's left forearm.
4. Deliver a Right Upward Elbow to your opponent's chin.
5. Deliver a Right Downward Heel Palm Claw, first to the bridge of the nose, and then to the eyes and face of your opponent.
6. Perform a Right Front Crossover and Cover Out toward 6:00.
Though there are similarities between techniques named here the techniques taught in the different branches of the Kenpo family also have notable differences.
We know that each school presents information with a different style and signature that is uniquely associated with their staff and students. Always defer to the instructing staff at your school for guidance should there be any differences in the information being presented.
The American Institute of Kenpo (AIK):
Dominating Hawk & Ram
Ed Parker American Kenpo Systems (EPAKS)*:
Tracy Kenpo Systems:
American Kenpo Karate Association (AKKA Karate USA):
*The EPAKS system is copyrighted and all rights are reserved by the Parker Family.
The American Institute of Kenpo (AIK) strongly recommends that all training be overseen by experienced and qualified instructors. Individuals choosing to train without the recommended oversight assume full liability for any and all injuries. In addition, those individuals engaging in training without the oversight of the American Institute of Kenpo’s (AIK’s) certified instructors will be doing so with the understanding and acknowledgment that they are waving subrogation and holding harmless the American Institute of Kenpo (AIK), it's members, and affiliates.