Countering: Retaliate, a series of rapid strikes
Hawk: One-handed body grab from the front
The Ideal attack requires your opponent to be attacking from the front. Your opponent grabs your left lapel with his right hand.
1. Left Step Back toward 6:00 into a Right Neutral Bow Stance while executing a Left Outward Block to your opponent’s right right wrist. At the same time, Right Positional Check at guard.
2. Execute a Right Hammering Inward Block to the radial nerve of your opponent’s right forearm. At the same time, Left Positional Check at solar plexus level.
3. Slide your right foot back into a Right Cat Stance then deliver a Right Front Snap Ball Kick to your opponent’s groin.
4. Plant Forward into a Right Neutral Bow Stance checking your opponent’s right knee as you deliver a Right Outward Knife Hand to the right side of your opponent’s neck.
5. Perform a Right Front Crossover and Cover Out toward 6:00.
Though there are similarities between techniques named here the techniques taught in the different branches of the Kenpo family also have notable differences.
We know that each school presents information with a different style and signature that is uniquely associated with their staff and students. Always defer to the instructing staff at your school for guidance should there be any differences in the information being presented.
The American Institute of Kenpo (AIK):
Ed Parker American Kenpo Systems (EPAKS)*:
Tracy Kenpo Systems:
American Kenpo Karate Association (AKKA Karate USA):
*The EPAKS system is copyrighted and all rights are reserved by the Parker Family.
The American Institute of Kenpo (AIK) strongly recommends that all training be overseen by experienced and qualified instructors. Individuals choosing to train without the recommended oversight assume full liability for any and all injuries. In addition, those individuals engaging in training without the oversight of the American Institute of Kenpo’s (AIK’s) certified instructors will be doing so with the understanding and acknowledgment that they are waving subrogation and holding harmless the American Institute of Kenpo (AIK), it's members, and affiliates.