Leveraged: To use a fulcrum
Vice: Head lock or forearm choke
The Ideal attack requires that your opponent starts at your left flank (9:00). The technique describes your opponent grabbing your head and pulling you down into a side headlock.
1. Right Step Forward toward 12:00 into a Right Closed Kneel Stance while you execute a Right Hand Check to your opponent’s right wrist. Execute a Left Hand Grab pinching your opponent’s right inner thigh.
2. Have your right hand bring your opponent’s right arm over your head and down to your chest. Execute a Left Arm Bar to your opponent’s right elbow.
3. Left Step to a Left Transitional Cat Stance then Left Step toward 7:30 into a Left Neutral Bow Stance as you execute a Left Arm Bar.
4. Execute a Left Pinning Check to your opponent’s right arm then pivot into a Left Forward Bow Stance and deliver a Right Fitted Vertical Punch to your opponent’s right mastoid.
5. Perform a Left Front Crossover and Cover Out toward 3:00.
Though there are similarities between techniques named here the techniques taught in the different branches of the Kenpo family also have notable differences.
We know that each school presents information with a different style and signature that is uniquely associated with their staff and students. Always defer to the instructing staff at your school for guidance should there be any differences in the information being presented.
The American Institute of Kenpo (AIK):
Ed Parker American Kenpo Systems (EPAKS)*:
Grasp of Death / The Pincher
American Kenpo Karate Association (AKKA Karate USA):
*The EPAKS system is copyrighted and all rights are reserved by the Parker Family.
The American Institute of Kenpo (AIK) strongly recommends that all training be overseen by experienced and qualified instructors. Individuals choosing to train without the recommended oversight assume full liability for any and all injuries. In addition, those individuals engaging in training without the oversight of the American Institute of Kenpo’s (AIK’s) certified instructors will be doing so with the understanding and acknowledgment that they are waving subrogation and holding harmless the American Institute of Kenpo (AIK), it's members, and affiliates.