Evading: Moving back to right rear quadrant
Thunder: Rotational kick
The Ideal attack requires your opponent starts in front of you, standing in a left fighting stance. He then executes a full-power right roundhouse kick toward your torso.
1. Point of origin: Right Interview Stance with your arms up.
2. Left Gauging Step toward 4:30 into a Right Neutral Bow Stance (facing 10:30) as you execute a Right X-Block (right hand high) against the inside of your opponent's right kicking leg.
3. Left Gauging Step toward 12:00 then a Right Step Back toward 12:00 into Right Reverse Bow Stance while delivering a Right Buckle to your opponent's left leg. Deliver a Right Back Hammer Fist to your opponent's groin.
4. Pivot into Right Forward Bow Stance (facing 10:30) as you deliver a Right Obscure Elbow to your opponent's chin.
5. Perform a Right Front Crossover and Cover Out toward 4:30.
Though there are similarities between techniques named here the techniques taught in the different branches of the Kenpo family also have notable differences.
We know that each school presents information with a different style and signature that is uniquely associated with their staff and students. Always defer to the instructing staff at your school for guidance should there be any differences in the information being presented.
The American Institute of Kenpo (AIK):
Ed Parker American Kenpo Systems (EPAKS)*:
*The EPAKS system is copyrighted and all rights are reserved by the Parker Family.
The American Institute of Kenpo (AIK) strongly recommends that all training be overseen by experienced and qualified instructors. Individuals choosing to train without the recommended oversight assume full liability for any and all injuries. In addition, those individuals engaging in training without the oversight of the American Institute of Kenpo’s (AIK’s) certified instructors will be doing so with the understanding and acknowledgment that they are waving subrogation and holding harmless the American Institute of Kenpo (AIK), it's members, and affiliates.